Results Day Timeline

So tomorrow’s the dreaded day.... me and 600,000 students will be opening their brown envelopes to get the results they have been waiting almost 3 months for. I’m sure everyone feels differently about this, but I thought I would share some generic feelings from over these last few months ☺

Easter holidays – After spending a whole day planning and making a beautifully colour coded time table, YOU FEEL SO PREPARED, EXAMS COME @ ME. By the end of Easter you then begin to panic when you realise you didn’t stick to the timetable and are actually 2 weeks behind schedule.

The week of teaching back at school - THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME WHY CAN’T WE REVISE AT HOME? I COULD REVISE THIS IN ONE HOUR AT HOME… okay I’ve never seen that word before. Maybe I should’ve paid more attention during the last 2 years…

The first week of study leave – pretty chilled. I can wake up late, stay up late, eat whenever I want and maybe do some revision.

The second week of study leave - oh no, my exams are in 2 weeks, what the hell have I been doing for the last two weeks?! Damn you Comedy Central playing 24/7 F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Night before first exam - Aaaah my first public exam ever. They say no highlighters... I’ll pack 15 just in case. Do I have my clear pencil case? Do I have spare pens? ARE THEY BLACK? I don’t know anything, I’m so screwed. On the other hand… it is RS, I shouldn’t panic too much ?

After individual exams - At first, you may feel okay... you were able to answer the questions, hopefully not too hard (but always, always praying for low grade boundaries). Then you start speaking to people and discussing questions, and then you realise one of your GCSEs is probably down the toilet. But never mind, you forget it and crack on, you’ve got 23 others exams to worry about.

After last exam - I DON’T EVEN CARE HOW IT WENT IT’S SUMMEERRRRRR

July - what exams?

Early August - You start to get that feeling anticipation in your stomach when you think that results are this month. Nevertheless, you bury it; you don’t have to deal with it for a few weeks, so you might as well enjoy yourself.

A level results day - RESULTS IN ONE WEEK. The countdown begins.

Today - Hmmm do I look at the grade boundaries? Don’t see what harm it can do. WHAT, look at those business grade boundaries !!!  I’m trying to remember how I did in each exam to compare… oh I can’t remember, I’ll just have to wait 12 excruciatingly long hours for my impending doom.

Morning of 21st - I haven’t experienced this yet, but this is what I imagine it’ll be like.

•   You wake up at 6 and count down until 9 o clock after about 3 hours sleep.
•   You eventually muster the energy to get up, and have that awkward look with your parents.
•   They say the usual OMDZ IT WILL BE FINE LOVE, IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU GET WE WILL BE PROUD OF YOU.
•   On the one hand, you want to avoid everyone while you open your envelope. But then you do want to see your friends and how they’ve done…
•   Walking in to school seeing your teachers is awkward. They already know your results and try hard to keep a poker face as they hand the envelope over, but let’s face it, they’re not Harvey Specter.
•   And then hopefully you’ll see the letters you want when pull out your sheet!

Whatever you’re feeling tomorrow, I hope everyone gets the grades they want and deserve, so good luck from me and party hard tomorrow night ☼

P.S. If you are interested here are the links for the grade boundaries for June 2014 exams:

AQA GCSE June 2014 grade boundaries –


EDXECEL GCSE June 2014 grade boundaries –


OCR GCSE June 2014 grade boundaries -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London