2015 Book Challenge

This year I've decided I need to read more books, on account of how shamefully little I read last year. My most read were Jekyll and Hyde and To Kill A Mockingbird, purely for the purpose of exams...

But I thought I would mix it up a bit, seeing as it's 2015 and all that. I saw this challenge whilst reading another blog last week, so I thought I would try it out. I don't know how far I will actually get, but I will try anyway!






A book I've been meaning to read- 'The Host' by Stephanie Meyer has been sitting on my book shelf since summer. I have been meaning to read it, but I keep finding other books I'd rather read so it gets pushed to the bottom of the pile..



A book published this year- The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. I don't know much about this book, but has been compared to Gone Girl and apparently is even better! I loved Gone Girl so hopefully I will love this too.


A book in the genre I don't typically read- The Phantom Of The Opera by Gastron Leroux, which is Gothic horror literature. The musical and soundtrack are classics, so I have no excuse not to read this!!!


A book from your childhood- The BFG by Roald Dahl, which was one of my favourite books when I was younger. Alongside Matilda, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and, well, anything Roald Dahl.


A book my mum loves- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni. No explanation needed. I think this is the first book I've read where I've genuinely hated a character.


A book that was originally written in another language - All Quiet On The Western Front by Erich Maria Remaeque, originally written in German. So many people have recommended this to me but I have never got round to reading it. This year's the year.


A book 'everyone' has read but me- Lolita by Vladmir Nabokov- I can't tell you how many Instagram posts I have seen of this book! How photogenic is the cover though ?? In contrast to the quite disturbing concept...


A book you chose because of the cover- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. I think it's because the cover reminds me of Jack Johnson's album In Between Dreams, which makes me very happy.


A book by a favourite author- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee. I wouldn't say she is my absolute favourite author, but I couldn't not include her new book coming out in summer could I? CANNOT WAIT for it.


A book recommended by some one with great taste- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simison. Recommended by my wonderful friend Emma who is more book than person, so I trust reading this will be worth it!


A book I should've read in school- Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck. Our English group didn't study it, but I feel like it's a classic I should read. Even my brother has read it, and he has read about 20 books in his life.


A book that is currently on the bestseller list- The Maze Runner by James Dashner. It was written quite a few years ago, but now it's being made into a film so naturally it has shot up the bestseller list. I liked The Hunger Games and Divergent, so I think I will like this too.


So there is my provisional list of books to read this year! My problem is I prefer to re-read books I love because they require less effort than I new book where I have to concentrate on the plot (lazy, I know). So I'll take a leaf out of an adventurous reader's book and really try to stick to it this year.

Happy reading ☺

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London