Birthday Post ☺

I have reached adulthood! I can't believe I am 18- as nice as it is, I'm not about this responsibility... I want to be a child again. However, I'm lucky to have had a wonderful 18 years of life so far. But I was thinking about some of the things which I thought I would've done at this point in my life, so I thought I would share them with you! I hope it's more interesting than an account of the presents I got and what my birthday cake looked like (a cup of tea with biscuits, if you were wondering). So here goes, 18 things I feel I should've done by 18....

1) Had a McDonald's breakfast

2) Watched Lord Of The Rings... or Star Wars/Star Trek (don't shoot me for putting them in the same category)

3) Watched Elf or Love Actually - next Christmas for sure 

4) Travelled First Class, and that's not going to change anytime soon!! Student life here I come 

5) Eaten beef - intentionally anyway, who knows what I might have eaten without knowing

6) Been in a mosh pit .... the concerts and festivals I've been to haven't really been mosh pit types. However, this will change when I fulfill my dreams of seeing Linkin Park and Royal Blood (pleeeeeeease tour in the UK this year)

7) Eaten an entire tub of Pringles to myself (but trust me, I could)

8) Perfected my carrot cake recipe... my previous attempts have been pretty mediocre (@ me if you have a good one)

9) Considered becoming vegan. I just could not give up cake. Besides, I'm too lazy to find vegan friendly shops and restaurants

10) Had a phase of drinking green tea

11) Been on a 'night out' in the park with WKD and the rest of my 14 year old friends, pretending to be wasted after 4 sips

12) Broken a bone 

13) Fully completed a series I started binge watching. I gave up at the end of Breaking Bad and Gossip Girl- my attention span isn't the greatest. Although my list of 'to watch' series is getting longer and I'm hoping to get through a lot of them this summer

14) Cried at a book (films on the contrary ... I think it's the music that gets me)

15) Had a pet (the ladybirds I once cared for by keeping them in an utterly butterly pot with some grass and leaves for food don't count). I long for Labradors but alas, I have to be allergic 

16) Instagrammed a meal. I have been tempted by the aesthetics of Tamu, but somehow have managed to resist 

17) Subdued to the fashion trends of lower school: no Jack Wills hoodies, no huge pearl necklaces, no foundation lips, no camo jackets - although I did have fake Uggs, so maybe this one doesn't really count 

18) Eaten Vindaloo - another classic example of Anglo-Indian cuisine which is NOT REALLY INDIAN. It actually originates from a Portuguese dish 

So there you have it- some things which I haven't done. Some of them unfortunately I will never be able to do (number 11- oh no, I really missed my chance there), but it's never too late for your first McDonald's breakfast!



Comments

  1. & a very happy belated birthday! Welcome to 18! Enjoy every moment :) Ana x

    www.namastefromananya.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London