Milk Train, Covent Garden

Apologies for the lack of posting- exam season was streeeess. But, now it's summer!! Feels good to have so much free time, more time than I know what to do with it. With this new found freedom there are so many things I want to do- one is a mission to try out as many dessert places as I can- in fact, my friends and I have come up with a list of the must-go ones. So I'll post about some of the good ones (typical, do I post about much else other than food). Sorry if it's a little boring, but if it is then just look at the pictures and drool.

(creds to Naomi for this photo- those iPhone 6 cameras outdoing mine)


Milk Train is a little shop in Covent Garden- much smaller than I expected actually. But the queue extended down the road, which is quite impressive considering it was a Friday afternoon.


 The speciality of the shop is the fact that they put candy floss around the cone, but I don't actually like candy floss so I didn't bother. Maybe I should have for the aesthetic value. Oh well. 

It also happens that the time we went they were filming a documentary of the store, so they were giving free ice creams to customers, just because they wanted to film the waitresses handing them over. 


The three main flavours they have are vanilla, matcha and chocolate. And then they have the flavour of the day, which was Strawberry when we went. I opted for vanilla, because I wanted to overload on extra toppings instead. I went for Oreo, salted caramel and a chocolate wafer straw.



What a perfect ice cream. Also what I loved was the ice cream went right to the bottom of the cone so there were no rubbish last bites of the cone with no ice cream.
It was quite expensive at about £5, but it's an occasional treat. This week I'm back to my bog standard Tesco Lemon Sorbet (which I'm not complaining about).


So there concludes the first part to my London dessert diaries. More to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London