Body Shop Face Mask reviews

I have to admit, I'm pretty bad at taking care of my skin. I can never be bothered for the cleanse, tone, moisturise routine and I really don't put that much thought into what face wash I use. But I've been thinking about putting more effort in to improve my skin, and when I saw that The Body Shop were giving away samples of their face masks, I thought it was a pretty good place to start.

I would say about 80% of my toiletries are from The Body Shop, but I've never tried any of the face masks. There were 3 types included in the pack: Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask, Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask and the British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask. 


The first one I tried was the Himalayan Charcoal Mask, which has bamboo charcoal, green tea leaves and tea tree oil. It BURNED when I put it on. At first I thought I was having a reaction or something, but then I re-read the packaging and it said there is a tingling sensation so I stuck with it for a few minutes. When it dried I washed it off, and OH MY GOD did my skin look and feel amazing. Seriously, my skin has never felt that soft and actually GLOWED afterwards. I don't know what that charcoal does but it works wonders. I was surprised that I saw results instantly, so I'm sure if I made it a regular thing my skin would be so much better. I think it's because it's grainy, and it says to take it off using circular motions, so you basically get double exfoliation- both putting it on and taking it off.


The one I was most excited about was the Pollution clearing mask, which has matcha and aloe vera. Living in London, you often forget that you're in a city which is super polluted, and the impact this has on your body. So I was excited to see how my skin felt after using this mask. I felt tingling with this one but it was slightly less, but felt soooo smooth after. Less smooth and glowing than the Himalayan one, but it's less exfoliating so that's probably why. I was slightly disappointed with this one, I had high hopes and thought I would feel a lot fresher after, but it did the job so I'm not complaining.

The last one I tried was the British Rose one, with rose petals, rose hip oil and aloe vera. I think it's so cool how natural ingredients have multiple uses- I tried rose hip tea a few months ago which apparently strengthens the immune system and detoxifies your body, and here I am putting it on my face. Anywaaaay, this one felt different to the other two because it was like gel. It smelt soo good and left my skin feeling fresh and soft. I'm not sure I liked the texture though- I think it's because with the other two the graininess meant you could really feel the exfoliation, which you didn't get so much with this one.



At £16 per pot, these masks are priiiceeeeyyy. Honestly, I wouldn't pay £17 for the latter two, but I think the Himalayan Charcoal might just be worth it. I just wish they had smaller sized pots so I could somewhat mask the fact that they cost a bomb.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London