The Bread and Bean

For someone who doesn't particularly like London, I do spend an awful amount of time there. Last weekend was a super early start, as I was going to the British Summertime concert at Hyde Park (which was incredible, but more of that another time). Whilst in Archway, I stumbled across a cozy little cafe called The Bread and Bean, and I thought I'd do a review type thing of it, seeing as I've never really reviewed anything.

I will start by talking about the drinks. I ordered English Breakfast Tea, AND LOOK HOW IT CAME. I can't be the only one excited about the mini milk bottle, can I? So cute. The glass jar itself had a built-in tea strainer, and had enough for two cups of tea; however, the second cup was so bitter because of the tea leaves that I couldn't drink it. A flaw in the otherwise trendy invention. I also tried the hot chocolate, which tasted almost as good as it looked. Enough said.




I admit, I wasn't very adventurous with my food choice, opting for an English breakfast. But the fry up was not without a twist. The bread was Sourdough (which was freshly baked and tasted incredible), the standard hash browns were replaced with polenta triangles and the baked beans were homemade and had herbs in.



The cafe also had free wi-fi, which although I didn't use (too busy enjoying the atmosphere and the food), is a nice bonus. They also had loads of amazing sounding drinks like Cherry Tree Cola and Lemon and Orange Sanpellegrino, but it was too early in the morning for something fizzy- besides, I needed caffeine.




All the bakery food also looked amazing, but I was too full to try any (it took all my self control to resist the banana bread)- next time for sure! So I guess the message I'm trying to get across, in the most wordy and long winded way, is if you're in Archway and want a delectable brunch, The Bread and Bean is a top contender.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London