Planet Organic

For some reason, our accommodation has been given about 500 Planet Organic leaflets full of vouchers, one of which is a free coffee voucher. The Planet Organic shop is a two minute walk from our halls, so we decided to take advantage of the offer (it saved me buying milk for about 4 weeks too- added bonus).




The whole ethos of Planet Organic is kind of a given- everything is organic, natural and sustainable. There was a lot of choice, and so many weird ingredients that I would never think to put in a hot drink (e.g. tumeric latte, coconut oil coffee, reishi (which is a mushroom?!) cappuccino) which I didn't try, but I did want to try as many as I could. The first time I visited, I went for the Almond Cacao. 


Almond cacao- cacao powder, coconut nectar and almond milk


They asked whether I wanted the almond sweetened or unsweetened (obviously I went for sweetened), and after I tried it I found myself wondering how people drink unsweetened, because even the sweetened version was bitter! The almond definitely came through, but I couldn't really taste the coconut water. It was interesting to try it out, but I doubt I would get it again.




I tried the Maca hot chocolate with vanilla soy the next time I went. I didn't bother taking a photo cause it looks the same as the previous one. 

Maca hot chocolate - raw cacao, raw maca, coconut palm sugar, vanilla and almond milk (but I substituted vanilla soy). After my second drink with maca, I thought it was about time I googled what it actually is (it's a Peruvian root which apparently is really healthy). This was definitely the prominent flavour, it tastes a little of bitter leaves, but was quite nice alongside the sweet hot chocolate.


I also tried the Pukka Vanilla Chai. This was definitely my favourite of the drinks I tried! I mean, who doesn't like chai? Especially with vanilla, it's basically just a lot of sugar. 




The pukka cleanse was also a good shout. I'm not entirely sure what was in this one, they didn't list the ingredients. It tasted really herby, with some sort of mint coming through. This felt so nice on a muggy Saturday afternoon.

The last one I tried was the Wellness Warmer, which was fitting considering I've been feeling pretty run down recently.

Wellness warmer- lemon, ginger and manuka honey

They had actually run out of manuka honey when I got this (to be fair it was 10 minutes before closing on a sunday night), so they substituted vanilla extract instead. Lemon, ginger and vanilla was an......interesting..... combination. The lemon was reeeealllyy prominent- forget coffee, this will wake you right up in the morning.

I also had a look around the shop itself- the whole shop is dedicated to healthy, organic, natural foods and drinks. I'd never even heard of some of the things in the shop, but it all looked so interesting (and super expensive). I think it will be more of an occasional treat.

I definitely want to go back and try some of the freshly made juices! But for now, I think I'll stick with chai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London