Cookie Shots @ Dominique Ansel

In continuation with my 'cool things in London' posts, I introduce..... Cookie Shots! You've probably seen these on Instagram and Facebook, and seeing as the bakery they are made in is only 20 minutes from me, I thought I'd check it out.

The cookie shot was invented by Dominique Ansel (also known as the creator of the Cronut- doughnut and croissant hybrid). He has a bakery in New York, Tokyo and now one in Belgravia, London.



The bakery from the outside is relatively simple, and the inside was too, but in a bright, minimalistic way. Everything looked so good (and not exactly student-budget friendly), but I stuck to the cookie shot because that's what I went there for, although I was so tempted by the macarons/macaroon however you say it. There was no separation between the kitchen and the shop front so you could see what the bakers were doing, which was so cool- I was kind of tempted to stand there for ages and just observe. 



There were a lot of seating areas in the bakery, including a cool outside garden bit which had fairy lights and cute benches. It was a bit of a muggy day we went so we stuck to the inside. The waitresses came over with the 'shot glasses' (obviously made of cookie) and filled them with vanilla milk in front of us. Probably because they knew we wanted to snapchat it.... it was a pretty cool video, in all honesty.


The actual shot itself was just vanilla milk, so pretty standard, but the cookie was amazing- so soft and gooey, and moist from the milk as well. Also, it just looks so good. You can see what I mean by minimalistic.


At just over £4 for the shot, it is pretty pricey- but I guess you're paying for the brand as well. It's fine for a one-off and I'm glad I tried it because it was so good- definitely will be coming back for the Cronut!

Happy shot-taking (cookie or otherwise)


xxxxx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London