Bababoom, Islington London

As much as I love a Nandos, I'm all about experimenting with different flavours and cuisines. This weekend, I decided to branch out to an experimental Kebab place in Islington called Bababoom.


It was a cosy restaurant about 5 minutes away from Highbury and Islington station. The music playing was so vibrant, and I actually found their Spotify playlist on their website which most restaurants don't do! 

The menu itself was quite limited, but despite this I was still stuck between all of the choices. I ended up going for the saffron and orange chicken shish and the Baba's fries (with house dukkah- I don't know what this actually was but it tasted amazing). The portion sizes were good and both the kebab and fries were really well spiced.




I also tried the broadbean falafel with sweet potato hummus, which was so good! This was the first falafel variation I've tried and it definitely did not disappoint. The hummus was amazing as well. I couldn't fault the service either. It was quite busy for a Sunday night but the food came out pretty quickly.



 All-in-all it was a great experience- I would recommend this place if you want to mix it up from your usual meals out. If you do go, sign up to their mailing list beforehand to get some free hummus. I didn't realise this until after I went (sad times)- next time for sure! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food