Doughnut Time

I realise it's been almost a year since I did a 'dessert place in London' post, but I am slowly making my way through my dessert bucket list. So next up.... DOUGHNUT TIME. You'll have seen these amazing doughnuts all over Facebook and Instagram. The Australian company have bought their amazing creations to London, and on a sunny post-exam day I couldn't resist a trip to Soho to try them out for myself. 




The actual store tiny, but you can't miss the queue of people lining up for these masterpieces (or just window shopping and taking to be honest). I spent a good 5 minutes just looking at them in awe!


They all looked incredibly, but in the end it was a toss-up between:

Notorious P.I.G- strawberry buttercream and glaze, topped with sprinkles and Percy Pigs 

No share- dark chocolate glaze, roasted hazelnuts, feuilletine (crushed crepes apparently) and Ferrero Rocher

Houston, we have biscoff - coffee glaze, caramel buttercream, chocolate drizzle and Lotus biscuit

In the end I went for the biscoff one, and oh my it looked amazing.



It was one of the best doughnuts I've ever had, and I've had my fair share of doughnuts (there is a 24 hour Krispy Kreme drive-through at home home- which is pretty much the only thing we have). It was so light and soft, and the coffee glaze and buttercream were amazing. It is also vegan, although I'm not entirely sure how they made buttercream that tastes exactly like, if not better than, non-vegan buttercream. I'm not vegan myself but I'm all about the accessibility. 



There are so many more I want to go back and try, and what is cool is that they change up their menus weekly so there are always new ones! But they also keep their bestsellers. They are pretty pricey at £4+, but they are huge and just a nice way to treat yo'self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London