The best bits of university second year!

This revision period is hitting me haaaard. Some (most) of the time I procrastinate and think about the fun things I did/have happened this year and plans for post exams, just to keep me sane and remind me that this year wasn't all that bad. So here goes my reminiscing..... 

1) Seeing the GBBO contestants sat next to me in a restaurant- MAJOR fangirling moment
2) FINALLY going to Winter Wonderland, which you can read about if you're intrigued 
3) Eating savoury pancakes bigger than my head for £5.95 (more about this in a later post, but it's My Old Dutch in Soho)
4) Having our own flat and excessively decorating it during halloween and christmas - our fairy lights are never coming down
5) Getting to visit Nanotechnology labs in the Royal Free Hospital and seeing what amazing things people are researching and how it will impact our future
6) Taking NOS and vodka shots for drug practicals 
7) Going to The Mac Factory, which is literally opposite uni but I never got round to going last year. I had Mac and Cheese with Chorizo, Harissa and caramelised onions (and got student discount with it which is always a plus)
8) Meeting up with 3 of my secondary school friends in one week who all happened to be in London! Was a fab week
9) Seen snow in London in November and March, although it was a bit of a nuisance near the end
10) Never appreciated hot water or a working fridge more than after having a broken boiler and fridge for weeks on end
11) Cooking flat christmas dinnner, which was actually solely done by my flatmate Naomi...at least I bought mince pies. Cooking in general also (I can now make a pretty good butternut squash and kidney bean curry)
12) Finding the perfect brownie recipe... and making Kinder Bueno and white chocolate brownies (hmu if you want the recipe)  
13) Getting to chill in my friends' flats, especially with nicer views than ours 
14) Visiting home friends in different cities - I'm planning Manchester/Bath post exams as well
15) Had a bucket of free noodles delivered to our door from a friend who got given it at a yoga class (it is as weird as it sounds). The flat ate good that night
16) Going to Lisbon in December and having the best time getting some sun and trying an insane amount of pastries and cherry liquor 
17) Seeing Kendrick Lamar live at Wembley Arena!! He was incredible 
18) Teaching kids dance at a secondary school (they also gave the cutest thank you gifts, can't go wrong with a fluffy unicorn pen)
19) Went to the only ice bar in London, which also happened to be during happy hour!
20) Discovering the nicest free rooftop with views of St Paul's cathedral (top floor of One New Change shopping centre) and basically having a photoshoot there
21) Going to the London Cocktail Club and drinking a cocktails out of a glass skull which had marshmallows and passion fruits on fire. So e x t r a    
22) Had a day trip to Hunstanton beach after mock exams- which was FREEZING but I got some fresh air and the nicest honeycomb ice cream eveeer 
23) Going to Street Dance classes and improving - by the end of the term I volunteered to dance with 3 others in front of the class, which I wouldn't have dreamed of at the beginning of the year!

So there you have some cool things I've done. Looking back, despite the horrendous work load and general dislike for life second year brings, it's not been too shabby! These are my favourite posts because when I read back over my blog (yes, I do that sometimes when I'm bored), I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have so many opportunities in London.

Now, I should get back to revision

p.s. I wrote a lil post for UKMLAforums about coping with exam stress, check it out if you want a bit of inspiration!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The one with Friends Fest

A Guide To Kolkata Street Food

Bababoom, Islington London